8 Reasons to Drink Dandelion Root Tea
Your liver is one of the most important organs in your body which means you should be consuming as many liver loving ingredients as possible. Enter dandelion root tea, which is great for detoxing the liver! Plus it has many other great benefits, such as:
- It improves digestion and aids weight loss;
- It eases congestion of the liver;
- It helps to purify the bladder and kidneys;
- It reduces the risk of urinary tract infections;
- It contains calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamins B and C;
- It helps to purify the blood, regulate blood sugar and improves blood circulation;
- It helps to ease bloating and aching joints; and
- It helps to cure skin conditions.
And that's just the beginning Dandelion leaves also have all of these health benefits and more, which makes them a great option to include in your morning green juice or smoothie.
The best way to get all of these benefits is to put the dried root straight into a cup with boiling water and drink it as is.
You can also roast the roots and drink it as a coffee substitute with some unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and a few drops of stevia.